T56 Magnum Shifter

The id number is 1386-009 The gear ratios are 1st = 2. 00 Select options; If you don't know what you need, call our technical sales staff at 931-646-4836. A tr6060 has no slip yoke for the drive shaft it's a unique bolt on item, the shifter is remote mounted to the outside of the tail housing(not very easy to work with in our cars, and no speedo output as already said. A quick Google provides this thread - T-56 Magnum Vs. T56 T56 Magnum TR6060 6 speed transmission shift rail selector. 64 5th gear - virtually identical. 75” This trans swap could be considered a future cost savings, a gallon of Dexron is about 1/4 the cost of a gallon of Castrol Syntorq. That's the trans I have in my Chevelle. Our 1969 Silver Mustang had one of its biggest challenges this past week at GoodGuys Del Mar as we let magazine editors drive the furious stallion on an autocross competition. Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes is the only manufacturer to offer a motorsport-proven high performance, 6-speed sequential system upgrade for TREMEC T56, TR-6060, Magnum and Magnum XL in-line and transaxle transmissions. The TREMEC T56 Magnum supplied from TREMEC only fits a few vehicles so in 90% of cases transmissions have to be specially designed and built to suit specific vehicles. Ford GM Dodge Tremec T56 Magnum bronze shifter cup isolator bushing. As with the TREMEC T-56, the TR-6060 and Magnum use a simple yet highly effective single-rail internal shift mechanism. The TR6060 was significantly shorter because of the skinny synchro’s it uses: T56 - 3. New Tremec Wide Ratio T56 Magnum for GM. 7 based 392 stroker w/ ported eagle heads, boost cam from MMX, Paxton novi 1200 and meth injection all in front of an LS based t56 magnum! Home built, and asides from finalizing the cooling system, right about ready to tear up the pavement. T56 Magnum Shifters Transmission and Rear End. Choose from our vast selection of short throw shifters from top brands such as Hurst, SVE, Pro 5. TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission The shifter moves through the gate and into gear fine, but now I have grinding during and after the shift is completed. Props to the previous owner!. Features 30 percent reduction in throw and strong return springs for a perfect 2-3 shift. Ford GM Dodge Tremec T56 Magnum bronze shifter cup isolator bushing. Due to its small diameter in relation to the 1-2 shift fork, the factory cast aluminum 3-4 fork is a common problem area. 6 speed Tremec shifter relocation. Thread Is M16x1. Many people call it a T56 Magnum, and it’s even labeled that on many parts of Tremec’s website. Tremec T56 Magnum For GM, 6-Speed for high performance street and road racing700 lb-ft. The most notable difference between the input shaft used in the T-56 and the TR-6060 and Magnum is the bearing hardware, which is much larger in the TR-6060 and Magnum. Ford GM Viper Tremec T56 transmission 67 tooth 6th lower gear. I have chosen to go with the electronic version as you can easily buy a blanking plate for the mechanical sensor and an installation kit that has the other sensors in it. The T56 Super Magnum can accommodate three shifter positions and includes a two-position shifter plate, shifter handle, and Chevrolet Performance-logo ball-type shifter knob. Engineered and manufactured with the same precision and patented design technology as our Mustang, Viper, and Corvette shifters, this shifter really is in a class of its own. The Magnum-F incorporates TREMEC's TR-6060 Magnum technology to provide fourth-gen owners with improved performance and relief from the dwindling availability of quality T56 transmissions and replacement components. It causes it to drip some fluid. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC TKO 5-Speed, TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed, and A41 4-Speed Automatic PerfectFit conversion kits for GM, Ford, Mopar & AMC. From what I can tell it. The id number is 1386-009 The gear ratios are 1st = 2. We installed a T56 Magnum in our first E36 LS Swap Track car with 500 whp. TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission The shifter moves through the gate and into gear fine, but now I have grinding during and after the shift is completed. FREE Shipping. I decided to fab my own shifter since the one I had was leaking oil and I didn't like the way it felt I used a 7/16 thick aluminum plate I moved the shifter arm 5" 1/2 back from center to center , that's the number I came up with. Tremec Tko 500 600 Magnum T56 Transmission Chevy Mechanical Speedo Adapter. Quick View. - Sequential shifter to convert H-pattern gearbox to sequential shift. 4th-gen T56 or T56 Magnum - Attach the transmission to the engine with three bolts. Rated 0 out of 5 $ 3,035. Automobile Parts and Service Toggle navigation Community Chevy Automotive Sales Inc. When you push or pull the shift handle from inside the vehicle, the rail operates these forks. 0 Fox-body performance!. Sikky Universal T56 Magnum Transmission 9" inch Shifter Relocation Kit LSx Swap. 25 thread bushing/adapter for the billet Sikky shifter. I'm pretty disgusted with the stock Tremec T56 Magnum shifter. Please verify by the picture that this is the correct part for your transmission. 6 speed Tremec shifter relocation. - The fastest most efficient shift possible with our unique patent pending mechanism. Carpet should arrive tomorrow - I bought the ACC carpet with the heat/thermal backing so we'll see how that goes. 19352208 Replaces 19329795 and 19301620 Tremec T56 Super Magnum Six Speed Transmission T56 Super Magnum Six-Speed Manual Transmission • High-torque capacity TREMEC six-speed manual designed for custom, retro-fit installations with Chevrolet Performance LS crate engines. We work with different manufacturers in the development of stronger parts. Corvette T56 6 speed transmission 43 tooth 2nd gear (FITS 2. 1994-2004 Mustang Shifters & Mustang Shift Knobs. 04-07 Cts-v Ls1ls2 T56 Level 1 Overhaul Rebuild Kit Package. My plans are to use a factory A body shift handle and hopefully retain the. 0 Fox-body. 50 It is also the highest torque rating of the GM version which is 450 ft lbs Custom B & M shifter and comes with clutch fork. T56 T56 Magnum TR6060 6 speed transmission shift rail selector. Nowhere near!. Featuring a 700 lb. I have an ext cab 03 and i had to modify the crossmember (manual one). In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. One of the upgrades Tick Performance makes to the Magnum is to replace the plastic shift fork pads (right) with bronze pads. So long story short, last weekend at TWS with NASA I got fed up with the shifting in my old T56, so after putting it off long enough, I removed it from the car and am going to have it rebuilt by a known good local guy. Shop online for GM, Ford and Dodge Transmission Parts and Torque Converters from PATC. No matter what you're driving, we have the right T56 Magnum for your vehicle. and 1967-1970 Mercury Cougar. The MGW billet shifter for the Tremec T56 Magnum XL transmission is now available. TKO Shift Levers in-stock with same-day shipping. I think I had issues with the reverse selonoid too. I decided to fab my own shifter since the one I had was leaking oil and I didn't like the way it felt I used a 7/16 thick aluminum plate I moved the shifter arm 5" 1/2 back from center to center , that's the number I came up with. We work with different manufacturers in the development of stronger parts. I want to put this up here to continue the list of people that need this new style T56 Magnum which is a bolt in replacement for the current '98-02 style T56. I've had 2 T56 and hated 1st gear in both of them , went auto in the turbo car but my supercharged D/D has 1 and with the low end of the roots blower 1st sucks balls to me ,as soon as you let the clutch out its time to shift. In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. -Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pickups for unmatched versatility-Choice of two different gear ratio sets (2. Customer service is. The Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission features six forward speeds and one reverse speed. T56 Magnum - 6 spd, up to 700ftlbs torque All three have the rear, mid and front shifter location, with the front most position requiring an optional kit to utilize that position. I love how well the magnum shifts, it's mostly quiet and it's fun. Carpet should arrive tomorrow - I bought the ACC carpet with the heat/thermal backing so we'll see how that goes. Except for their gear ratios, American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum manual transmissions are truly brand new from the ground up. T56 Front Shift Conversion Kit relocates the shifter to the forward opening on the top of you 6 speed T56, 13. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC TKO 5-Speed, TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed, and A41 4-Speed Automatic PerfectFit conversion kits for GM, Ford, Mopar & AMC. When you push or pull the shift handle from inside the vehicle, the rail operates these forks. TKO Shift Levers in-stock with same-day shipping. Its much closer to the correct spot than the F-car T56 tailhousing. My plans are to use a factory A body shift handle and hopefully retain the. The TREMEC T56 Magnum is the leader when it comes to high performance transmissions. 5-inch longer than an F-body. I made one from a TCP kit. I've got a '04 Cobra with a hurst shifter. T56 T-56 6 spd manual Borg Warner 1994-95 was told that it was a Camaro tranny pulled at 30k miles with bell housing. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed. They can withstand up to 700 ft. 8 tgv engine, tremec 5 speed gearbox, 1. t56 magnum If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. Find American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum Manual Transmissions TUET-11009 and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! Except for their gear ratios, American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum manual transmissions are truly brand new from the ground up. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. 97% Upvoted. T56 pdf manual download. I think my buddy is interested in my t56 for his c3 vette so really looking into swapping a t56 magnum. Had a mgw on my 2014 mustang with an Mt82 and absolutely loved it. Shifts smooth without much effort. The most notable difference between the input shaft used in the T-56 and the TR-6060 and Magnum is the bearing hardware, which is much larger in the TR-6060 and Magnum. Probably too big to fit the Datsun console, but still cool. There is a gear under the shifter. HINSON F-Body Camaro Firebird Short Throw Shifter T56 Transmission 1993-2002 (M16x1. Hurst Blackjack 5 & 6-Speed Manual Shifters are made of durable, CNC-machined billet 6061 aluminum. "The highlight of our T56 conversion package is the factory shifter location. I would put the T56 in the '99 and use the old transmission in my '66, but a T45 won't bolt up to a 302 since it's a mod motor tranny with an integral bellhousing. 0 Fox-body performance!. Regular price $29 95 $29. Register; Log in; Wishlist (0); US Dollar. In mocking up the body onto a new frame this weekend it appears that the shifter is going to be very much further back than I anticipated. Transmission Tech: We Take Two Junk T56 Transmissions, Spare Parts, And New Pieces From American Powertrain To Make One! Oct 21, 2015 Brian Lohnes Apex Driveline Tech, BangShift APEX, DRIVETRAIN, OTHER, Tech Stories 2. The old F body T56 works perfect, but is a weaker trans. In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. 68-79 Magnum 6-Speed Transmission Conversion (Manual to Manual) Installation Instructions (1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the shifter be moved towards the front of the casing about 10" on a T56? If anyone out there has done it, how expensive. The feedback that the T56 Magnum gives is awesome. You can only get that with the regular Magnum. Page 2- T56 question Stick shift and clutch. 25 thread bushing/adapter for the billet Sikky shifter. Register; Log in; Wishlist (0); Euro. S1 is currently shipping their sequential shifter for the T56 Magnum six bolt mount priced at just under $2250 US with the optional accessories. Magnum Midshifter, 1978-1988 GM G-Body. TREMEC T56/TR-6060 MAGNUM 6 Speed Sequential Magnus Billet Shift Forks $ 200. Tremec Tko 500 600 Magnum T56 Transmission Chevy Mechanical Speedo Adapter. 5-inch longer than an F-body. Since the T56 Magnum runs an exposed gear setup, this shifter utilizes a boot on the bottom side of the front rod to eliminate any worries of leaking. Gm Cadillac Cts V Oem 6. The speedometer gear comes next, along with a ball bearing that allows the removal of the. Even during normal driving I occasionally miss 3rd and end up in 5th. TREMEC's new six-speed transmission, known as the Magnum-F, is designed to replace the T56 in 1998-2000 GM F-bodies. ISR Performance LS1 T56 Transmission Shifter Extension Relocation Kit. The TREMEC T56 Magnum is the leader when it comes to high performance transmissions. Aluminum shifter handles are very popular for racing. I am looking into installing a T56 6-speed in my 68 cupe, however I was reading an article the other day about a 66 fastback that was getting a 5. Just need to speak with them. Known unofficially as the S197 Magnum, this new 6-speed model will feature a direct-shift extension housing designed to eliminate the notoriously unpopular semi-remote factory shifter. 56 MB) Installation difficulty: 4 Our technicians have determined that the installation difficulty level of this item is a 4 on a scale of 1-5. A quick Google provides this thread - T-56 Magnum Vs. Accessibility Help. The input shaft carries 26 splines and the output shaft is 31 spline. 50 would work really well in my '99. Which one is Best for my setup 2015 GT with 2. Now, for some reason, my clutch is not disengaging fully when the pedal is to the floor. Just called MGW and talked to the tech guy about the F-Body camaro style shifter (which is basically would I would be after). 5 OEM Handle W/o Shift Ball) Sikky Universal T56 Magnum Transmission 4" inch. Combining brute strength with precision engineering, the T56 is the perfect choice for cruisers and track racers alike. Everyone was amazing until about 1K miles ago. Of course, the 5-6 fork is smaller still, but hard shifts into overdrive are rare. The old F body T56 works perfect, but is a weaker trans. Welcome to Texas Drivetrain Performance! We are a different kind of shop, specializing in 6-speed manual transmissions; primarily the Tremec T56 and TR6060 (Magnum). Select options. Semi-remote shifters tend to locate the shifter farther back than in the T56 Magnum, which may be a good or a bad thing for your application. Instructions. From what i understand i will need the drive shaft shortened and a 31 spline yoke on it, the mounting is only a half inch off so that shouldn't be a problem, and the shifter is a little far ahead. The rear shifter location is then capped off with a plate provided in the kit. Here's the way the Magnum comes shipped. Works with a variety of LSx swap applications. Only hiccup in my swap was I was using the factory drive shaft. "It's a perfect blend of OEM sound and a racing-style shift feel that makes this shifter special," said Tremec's Nate Tovey. One of the best options is to opt for a brand new T56 Magnum, which we can also provide for $3415. Moves shifter location ~7 inches farther back from original Camaro T56 location. Brand new never used Tremec T56 Magnum Shifter. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. It is also used by the TR6060 variants of the T56 magnum. It's currently available only for Mustangs but a LS version is to follow. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the T-56 Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed. This shifter kit comes complete with shift handle and all mounting hardware needed for installation. The T56 magnum is a TR6060 Trans in hot rodders form. This is the shifter that comes from the factory on the T56 Magnum. If you are unsure which version of the sequential shifter you need please contact us and we will help work that out. 25 thread bushing/adapter for the billet Sikky shifter. 4 with a T56, they expanded the tunnel 1. I went with a T56 due to no trans tunnel modifications needed (save for new shifter hole and console needing to be moved back 3-4"). Hurst Blackjack 6 Spd Shifter 1964-67 Chevelle Tremec T56 Magnum 6 Bolt Free T. 2695 Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM, Sat by appt. Hurst BlackJack Shifters for Tremec Transmission Swaps. The Hurst Blackjack Shifters are designed to locate the shifter handle in the proper location in different applications when swapping to a Tremec 5 and 6 Speed transmission into various classic cars. The shifter is too far back if you use the rear position. Advertisement. Ford GM Dodge Tremec T56 Magnum bronze shifter cup isolator bushing. TREMEC's new six-speed transmission, known as the Magnum-F, is designed to replace the T56 in 1998-2000 GM F-bodies. If you are choosing to go with an automatic transmission or a T56 magnum, give us a call and we can modify the package accordingly. With the 4:30 gears, 1st gear in the '99 is almost useless. The speedometer gear comes next, along with a ball bearing that allows the removal of the. I finally got mine installed but the shifter is to far forward,dont wanna cut a bigger hole in the trans tunnel what are you t56 magnum tranny guys using for a off set shifter. Anyone experiencing the "T56 Magnum" shifter rattle with these aftermarket assemblies? My stock Tremec shifter makes a ton of noise. of torque, with gears featuring substantially increased face widths and 2-piece laser-beam welded construction, allowing for greater control of the tooth angles, pitch, and. I have only found two companies that offer a short shifter for a Manum. Bolt on sequential shift conversions for t56 gearbox. I want to put this up here to continue the list of people that need this new style T56 Magnum which is a bolt in replacement for the current '98-02 style T56. Just need to speak with them. The original T56 Magnum has a sub optimal mount setup and shifter position for most LS engine swaps in more modern cars. happy to help with enquiries please call for more info. No matter what you're driving, we have the right T56 Magnum for your vehicle. you can start with a GTO core and convert to an F-body shifter. T56 Super Magnum. 75” This trans swap could be considered a future cost savings, a gallon of Dexron is about 1/4 the cost of a gallon of Castrol Syntorq. SVE T56 Conversion Driveshaft Finish your 79-93 Fox Body T56 swap with this SVE conversion driveshaft from LMR. Tremec’s aftermarket upgrade for the T56, the Magnum (essentially a TR6060), is about 1. Distance from front of bellhousing (aka rear of engine block) to shifter stub (hopefully you find a model that puts the shifter stub in the center of your console or floor opening) Before you buy a transmission, figure out which model suits your needs. However, the company is trying to get away from calling it a T56 Magnum because there's nothing common between the T56 and the Magnum, even though the boxes appear very similar. T56 T56 Magnum TR6060 6 speed transmission shift rail selector. The MGW billet shifter for the Tremec T56 Magnum XL transmission is now available. T56 Tremec 6 Speed GM Short Shifter Fitting Guide September 10th, 2008 · No Comments Whilst the fitment of this assembly is not difficult, it should be approached with care and by a competent mechanic or automotive technician. Ford GM Viper Tremec T56 transmission 67 tooth 6th lower gear. Featuring a large catalog of Mustang Tremec Transmission available for sale now. Link to post. The T56 Super Magnum can accommodate three shifter positions and includes a two-position shifter plate, shifter handle, and Chevrolet Performance logo ball-type shifter knob. Parts or complete transmissions can be sent in for face plate or pro shift modification. Nowhere near!. T56 Magnum Xl Install In A 2016 Up Mustang Modern Driveline. This is not consistent and only happens about 10% of the time. I did a side by side comparison of the shifter throw between the stock transmissions. This is the shifter that comes from the factory on the T56 Magnum. The stock one is plastic and gets worn out all the time! ***Give your shift a more firm shift with this easy upgrade!!!***. TREMEC 6-speed sequential gear system. Many people call it a T56 Magnum, and it’s even labeled that on many parts of Tremec’s website. Tremec Transmission 3-speed Hot Rod Manual Shifter With Knob For 1981 Chevrolet - $109. Tremec’s aftermarket upgrade for the T56, the Magnum (essentially a TR6060), is about 1. Featuring a 700 lb. Corvette T56 6 speed transmission 43 tooth 2nd gear (FITS 2. Find American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum Manual Transmissions TUET-11009 and get Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing! Except for their gear ratios, American Powertrain Tremec T-56 Magnum manual transmissions are truly brand new from the ground up. The T56 also includes stronger, high-capacity gear sets, input shaft and output shaft used in the TREMEC TR6060. i also have some performance components such as steel 3-4 shift forks, bronze fork pads, billet keys etc. Qwik Stik Shifter for T-56 Magnum 6-speed, No offset or stops. you can start with a GTO core and convert to an F-body shifter. The semi-remote shifters tend to be wide, and high; so in addition to the mount mentioned above, you may have to widen your transmission tunnel as well. I think my buddy is interested in my t56 for his c3 vette so really looking into swapping a t56 magnum. If someone were to buy my transmission I could buy the Magnum F. T-56 Transmission Install Thread. Nowhere near!. No one else on the market offers this with a T56 Magnum conversion," Jeff Kauffman of Silver Sport Transmissions explains. And with. Probably too big to fit the Datsun console, but still cool. Admit it, you always thought the factory had screwed up. The T56 also includes stronger, high-capacity gear sets, input shaft and output shaft used in the TREMEC TR6060. i also have some performance components such as steel 3-4 shift forks, bronze fork pads, billet keys etc. In 1992, General Motors began using it for its generation II and future engines. The Leader in Clutch and Driveline Technology. I have chosen to go with the electronic version as you can easily buy a blanking plate for the mechanical sensor and an installation kit that has the other sensors in it. The TREMEC T56 Magnum is the leader when it comes to high performance transmissions. In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. HINSON F-Body Camaro Firebird Short Throw Shifter T56 Transmission 1993-2002 (M16x1. My MT82D4 bit the dust on a 2-3 shift and I lost 3/4 so I bought a T56 Magnum XL and an MGW - the hype is real! 43 comments. NOTE: The T56 Magnum is 1. T56 Super Magnum Gearbox T56 Super Magnum Six-Speed Manual Transmission is available for purchase in increments of 1 Two-position shifter plate included, with. I used a stock LS T56 from a 4th gen in one of my past 78sthe shifter was too far back. It has the bell housing and shifter on it. MGW T56 Magnum XL Billet Shifter. This shifter bolts on to your standard t56 Magnum or Magnum XL gearbox to convert to a sequential shift. Only hiccup in my swap was I was using the factory drive shaft. Tremec T45 Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec T56 Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec TKO Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec Magnum Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec Magnum XL Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec TR6060 Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Interchanges with 1R3Z-7277A Fits Ford, GM & Pontiac, This boot will only fit factory Shifters. If you use the T56 with the Viper tailhousing and shifter, it will put the shifter very close to where the shifter is with a 4-spd. I installed a T56 Magnum, RST clutch, Mcleod lightened steel flywheel, and an aluminum driveshaft from a vendor about 5K miles ago. tpd pro-line t56 transmission 3-4 shift fork steel with plastic inserts fits all versions '92-'08. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. For someone my size (6-feet-tall), this is pretty comfortable. Regular price $19 95 $19. Ford GM Dodge Tremec T56 Magnum bronze shifter cup isolator bushing. Part of the T-56 Magnum’s application adaptability stems from multiple shifter positioning options on the tranny case itself, as well as from a wide range of Modern Driveline’s available shifter bases to suit most any custom installation, all as detailed in our photo captions and sidebar. Quote; Share this post. The feedback that the T56 Magnum gives is awesome. Register; Log in; Wishlist (0); US Dollar. We work with different manufacturers in the development of stronger parts. Locate Magnum Shifter Ls available to buy right now on the internet! Vintage Parts for Cars. I also have my SST shift handle and white shift knob. 7 based 392 stroker w/ ported eagle heads, boost cam from MMX, Paxton novi 1200 and meth injection all in front of an LS based t56 magnum! Home built, and asides from finalizing the cooling system, right about ready to tear up the pavement. The TREMEC T56 Magnum supplied from TREMEC only fits a few vehicles so in 90% of cases transmissions have to be specially designed and built to suit specific vehicles. A tr6060 has no slip yoke for the drive shaft it's a unique bolt on item, the shifter is remote mounted to the outside of the tail housing(not very easy to work with in our cars, and no speedo output as already said. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. Our famous line of Steeda Tri-Ax shifters extends to the 6-speed family of Tremec Ford Spec T56 transmissions as well. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. The TREMEC TR-6060 has as single-shifter location, however, the TREMEC Magnum 6-speed has provisions for locating the shifter in the three different positions, and the shifter can be reversed in each location, providing a total of six possible shifter locations in the car. I have an ext cab 03 and i had to modify the crossmember (manual one). I am happy with the Viper T56, but if the magnum was available a few years ago, I probably would have chosen it over the Viper as it comes close to the Viper in torque capacity for $800 less. It's currently available only for Mustangs but a LS version is to follow. Advertisement. TREMEC's new six-speed transmission, known as the Magnum-F, is designed to replace the T56 in 1998-2000 GM F-bodies. Extensive research, including with a master transmission builder, indicates it is the "nature of the beast". I love how well the magnum shifts, it's mostly quiet and it's fun. From what I can tell it. The T56 Magnum 6 speed is a much stronger and better shifting box that uses the TR6060 internals from the newest Viper, Corvette ZR1, Shelby GT500, Challenger SRT8 Hellcat, Pontiac G8 GXP, Camaro ZL1, and even Aston Martins! It also has provisions for 3 separate shifter locations and a choice of 2 sets of gear ratios:. Fits: T56 Magnum, TKO 500/600. 1994-2004 Mustang Shifters & Mustang Shift Knobs. The T-56 six speed manual transmission has been used in a wide range of vehicles from General Motors, Dodge, and Ford Motor Company. If you check out the TR6060s, they all have a shift-rail housing bolted down to the square port location. The TREMEC® T56 Magnum XL 6-speed transmission is aimed specifically at S197 Mustang enthusiasts! The new ‘direct-shift” T56 Magnum™ XL for 2005-up Ford Mustangs represents a long awaited solution to the semi-remote shifter woes experienced by many 2005-up Mustang owners, as well as, TREMEC’s most significant foray into the Mustang aftermarket since the days of emerging 5. "The highlight of our T56 conversion package is the factory shifter location. TREMEC just installed a third T56 into my rebuilt '98 Mustang GT Convertible and it still sounds like a rock tumbler in neutral with the clutch engaged. The aftermarket has been making this Magnum F body trans configuration for years, but at a $1500+ cost premium over the standard T56 Magnum. In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. I have an ext cab 03 and i had to modify the crossmember (manual one). If you are considerably shorter, you may want to use the mid-mount position or a short shifter handle. T56 Magnum Shifters Transmission and Rear End. My MT82D4 bit the dust on a 2-3 shift and I lost 3/4 so I bought a T56 Magnum XL and an MGW - the hype is real! 43 comments. This shifter gives you Short, Quick Shift patterns Like no other shifter on the market. Originally, the T-56 Manual Transmission was designed and built by Borg-Warner for the Dodge Viper. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC TKO 5-Speed, TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed, and A41 4-Speed Automatic PerfectFit conversion kits for GM, Ford, Mopar & AMC. T56 T56 Magnum TR6060 6 speed transmission shift rail selector. If you check out the TR6060s, they all have a shift-rail housing bolted down to the square port location. Please verify by the picture that this is the correct part for your transmission. i'm selling new and used parts to suit tremec t56 and tr6060 6 speed manual transmissions. They can withstand up to 700 ft. 75" This trans swap could be considered a future cost savings, a gallon of Dexron is about 1/4 the cost of a gallon of Castrol Syntorq. Rated 0 out of 5 $ 3,035. Tremec/Borg Warner T56 T5 Bronze Shifter Isolator Cup Bushing. sells I plan to take the plunge and get a t56 Magnum. Accessibility Help. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line up, the all new T56 Magnum double over drive 6 speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the all business TKO 5 speed. The result is our new Steeda Tri-Ax shifter for the Tremec Magnum XL transmission for 2005-2019 Mustang. Tremec T45 Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec T56 Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec TKO Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec Magnum Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec Magnum XL Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Tremec TR6060 Shifter Boot, 1386-021-001 Interchanges with 1R3Z-7277A Fits Ford, GM & Pontiac, This boot will only fit factory Shifters. There is a gear under the shifter. Brand new never used Tremec T56 Magnum Shifter. Distance from front of bellhousing (aka rear of engine block) to shifter stub (hopefully you find a model that puts the shifter stub in the center of your console or floor opening) Before you buy a transmission, figure out which model suits your needs. The T56 magnum is a TR6060 Trans in hot rodders form. Sections of this page. They can withstand up to 700 ft. Glad I did it instead of the TKO600 that my brother put in his '55 custom behind a 351c. 2695 Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM, Sat by appt. There are no plastic parts to wear out and become sloppy. Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes is the only manufacturer to offer a motorsport-proven high performance, 6-speed H-Pattern helical synchro gear system upgrade for TREMEC T56, TR-6060, Magnum and Magnum XL, in-line and transaxle transmissions. 0 T56 Billet Shifter. ISR Performance LS1 T56 Transmission Shifter Extension Relocation Kit. If someone were to buy my transmission I could buy the Magnum F. Our kit combines the strength of a full-out race transmission with the factory look, drivability, and fit of an OEM installation. I've heard the stock GTO shifter is like a "baseball bat in jello" I believe they said lol mines def not like that. The semi-remote shifters tend to be wide, and high; so in addition to the mount mentioned above, you may have to widen your transmission tunnel as well. "It's a perfect blend of OEM sound and a racing-style shift feel that makes this shifter special," said Tremec's Nate Tovey. Please see our Solutions section for what ever you hit the road with. Short throw shifter design has 4 adjustable pivot points; Large spherical bearing for smooth shifting. I went with a T56 due to no trans tunnel modifications needed (save for new shifter hole and console needing to be moved back 3-4"). The T-56 Magnum XL. I don't know about you all, but mine shifts like crap and it doesn't shift at all when it's cold. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. The TKO ratios were too much of a compromise to me, so paid the extra for T56 Magnum. He said that they do not provide adjustable stops on ANY of the T56 model shifters (be it GM or Ford) because that transmission has them built in and it is not recommended to change those points. Mine is leaking trans fluid.